Sunday, February 6, 2011

Yummy treat

My cousin has a recipe blog where she posted a recipe for a Green Machine Smoothie Dream. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical. BUT we decided to try it out for Super Bowl Sunday (you know, in an attempt to justify all of our horrible eating by eating something somewhat healthy). I have to say, it wasn't bad. I wouldn't say it was my favorite thing in the world but it is a fabulous way to get a hefty dose of a variety of fruits and veggies! The best part was that when I made it and split it in two (shared with the hubby) it was only three WW points (on the old program, I'm clueless as to how the new program works). Here is the exact recipe we did tonight (so the nutrition information below it will be accurate if you decide to make it based on that information):

3 cups baby spinach
1 cup frozen berry mixture (strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries & blackberries)
1 frozen banana
1/2 orange without peel
5 baby carrots
1/2 container Yoplait french vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup fat free milk


Oh! And we got our first basket of fruits and vegetables. I should have taken a picture. We got quite a haul! I was very excited. For the first time in a long time (okay, maybe EVER), my fridge is literally overflowing with fruits and veggies!! WAHOO!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Nice job on the fruits and veggies. The smoothie sound pretty good too.