Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The goals and how I am going to accomplish them...

I set my goals for my husband's work health program. Here they are:

1. Increase my consumption of fruits and veggies (this has been PATHETICALLY low!). I am going to do this by tracking nothing but my fruits and veggies. This will give me a better quick picture of how much I am eating without having to search through a food log to find them.

2. Get a full physical exam. I have actually never in my life had one so I figured it wouldn't be a bad thing to have one done.

3 Exercise a MINIMUM of 20 minutes a day 3X per week. That really sounds pathetic considering where I used to be! But I have done pretty well so far. I walked for 40 minutes yesterday and did a 30 minute exercise video today. I wasn't able to do the full load of the video (no weights due to the shoulder) but it still felt good to get a good workout in. I worry that I may have pushed it a little with the shoulder but only time will tell on that one.

4. Get my weight back under 140 and keep it there. I know I said I wasn't going to set a weight goal but I changed my mind. I need the accountability.

So, there's the goals and I'm hoping they will get me back on track. I really like that this program doesn't end until December so it isn't a short term, "do this for a couple of weeks and then fall back to my old ways" type thing. Now, I think I'll go find a fruit or veggie to snack on...