Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's time...

I didn't fall off the face of the earth. My bursitis didn't end up getting better in 2 weeks as hoped. After the two weeks of at home exercises from my doctor, I was sent to a physical therapist and it got worse....MUCH worse. I'm talking, curled up in a ball, can't breath, sobbing, horrible pain. I ended up in a sling got a cortisone shot.

The doctors (yeah, I've been to 4 now) have done an x-ray and an MRI. I had/have calcific tendinitis but something about it wasn't normal. The orthopedic surgeon was actually kinda stumped as he looked at my MRI. Anyway, during the exam, the OS got my shoulder up into some funky position and it went **snap, crackle, pop** and has been getting better and better since!

I still have to be careful. I am not supposed to do any movements that cause sharp pain (so not much strength training with the arm) but I can do cardio. But, I am VERY glad to be doing so much better!

The good news is that I haven't gained weight since my last weigh in (two months ago). I'm still at 144. But I know it could EASILY be lower.

The great news is that hubby's work does a health and wellness program each year. The employees set goals at the beginning of the year and then at the end of the year, if they reach their goals, they get $50. This year, they decided to let the spouses join the program! Woohoo!! So my goals are going to focus on getting back into a regular exercise routine and getting my eating under control. I'm not really going to set a weight goal because I know as I do the other two, the weight will fall into place!

I'll get back on when I have decided on some concrete goals. My plan is to start small and work my way into a full routine (as far as exercise goals because of the shoulder). I am toying with the eating thing. I WANT to do that gradually as well, but that usually doesn't work too well for me so I may have to just go full force on that one...but we'll see.

And the roller coaster ride continues....

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad the shoulder's better!