Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Buck Stops Here

The scale continues to go...up. And it needs to stop.

I've actually been doing decent with the goals I set for hubby's work. My best bet for fruit and veggie consumption has been smoothies. I don't know if that is the best way to get them in (ie. all at once vs. spread out through the day) but I figure it's better than nothing.

I've been doing pretty good with the exercise. Sometimes it ends up being a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood just so I can say I did it, but at least it's something.

I went in for my physical. Blah. But it's done.

Getting my weight under 140? Not so much. I'm now up to 155. So I need some concrete goals and I need to stick with them. Just saying I'm going to lose weight, doesn't work. I figured if I ate more fruits and veggies and exercised, the weight would naturally come off. That may have worked if I had replaced crap I was eating with the good stuff. Unfortunately, I have just added it to my diet and then somehow felt "justified" in eating crap because I am eating healthy food to "balance" things out. I know, totally illogical but it's how my brain thinks.

And I feel like crap. I'm tired all the time. I'm cranky. I need to make some changes, if nothing else, for the health of it...

1 - Take a multivitamin. Yeah, I know some people view this as unnecessary, but for me, I think it's a good thing.

2 - Increase water consumption to four glasses of water before noon and at least an additional four before bed (I need to drink it early so I'm not up peeing all night, sorry if that's a tmi!).

3 - Go to bed by 11:00. I'd like to get this earlier but right now I'm lucky to hit midnight....baby steps!

4 - Continue with increased veggie/fruit consumption.

5 - Continue exercising but make sure the 20 minutes (or more) really counts - ie. minimum 200 calorie burn.

That is a lot of goals to focus on all at once but where they are all very much related, it's very doable (as I sit typing this post at 11:00 instead of going to bed - HAHA).

That's all for now. I'll try to do better about updating.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Those are great goals! And I don't think unmanageable. You can do it!