Friday, December 7, 2012

Update

I figured if I'm going to get on here and set big goals, I need to be accountable for them.

1 - Take a multivitamin. I actually haven't done this one yet. I thought I had some in the cupboard but no dice. I haven't made it to the store to buy any but I have been taking fish oil supplement so there is progress, just not quite where it should be.

2 - Increase water consumption. Drinking 4 glasses of water by noon is not as doable as I thought! I have been doing way better with the water drinking though but still fell short by a glass both days. But that is definite progress.

3 - Go to bed by 11:00. Zero progress on this one. This one is REALLY, REALLY hard for me. It is a habit that I have been trying for some time to break but I just go into veg mode at night and lose track of time. It's ridiculous really because I am not accomplishing anything. I really, truly just veg. So it makes more sense to go to bed!

4 - Increase veggie/fruit consumption. This one is okay. I do better when I am consciously tracking this one so that is why I put this one down.

5 - Exercise - hasn't happened since my last post....AT ALL. I haven't even done the 20 minute light walk thing.

So there is definitely work to be done but there is hint of progress. Part of my problem the last couple of days has been cookies! They are my weakness and I let my kids make some on Wednesday. They actually winged it (didn't follow the recipe) and they turned out pretty good! Then yesterday was my annual holiday cookie exchange with a bunch of ladies in my neighborhood. About two dozen or so of us get together every year at sweet lady in our neighborhood's house and exchange our holiday cookies. Everyone comes out with 2+ dozen YUMMY treats that sit and beg to be eaten. I know, I shouldn't have gone. But the social aspect of it is so fun. And I figured I'd grab the treats and bring them home to my kids....yeah right!

Anyway, I definitely have work to do but that's what goals are for. Incidentally, I noticed the goal weights on my sidebar from last year. Oddly enough, those goal weights would be pretty close to what I could set right now (maybe move them up a couple of weeks)! Oh the roller coaster...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh cookies! My mil "kindly" left some here last night after watching the kids and making cookies with them. Of course at 3:30 in the morning I'm grabbing one after my husband tells me he lost his wallet at the football game last night (stress eating anyone??). I really want to eat more but I think a workout will help dissipate the stress? At least I've called and cancelled the cards, but I'm still a ball of nerves...blech.
You've got great goals. Just keep on working at making improvements :) You can do it.