Friday, June 25, 2010

Just for the health of it...

Tomorrow marks the end of the competition with hubby. I did....awesome...but sucked. How does that work? I didn't go over my goal weight once, which I am VERY proud of. That is five months of maintaining my weight. That is the awesome part. However, I have not been eating right, nor have I exercised AT ALL. That is the bad part!

I have decided that I need to get back to exercising and eating right, "just for the health of it." My body doesn't feel like it did five months ago. I feel like crap. I am definitely bigger than I was even though the scale doesn't show it. But I have gone from very toned and in shape, to very NOT toned OR in shape!

I just don't know how to get the mentality to do it for health. I want to feel better, but I literally hate to exercise. I like how my body feels when I do exercise, but I absolutely hate doing it! People say to find something you like and then you will enjoy it. I have yet to find an activity that I thoroughly enjoy. My other issue is the time thing. I feel like I don't have a minute to breathe as it is. Taking out another (minimum) 30 minutes from my day...

Okay, enough complaining for now. I need to celebrate the positives and just work on the other stuff. I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

Angie said...

I understand how you feel I have been trying to find something to keep me motivated. Have you ever considered buying a trampoline? My friend got one for her kids and jumped every morning before they got up for 30 minutes and it has kept her weight off for a year! I know she uses hand weights and listens to her ipod. Just a thought for something fun and yet helpful.