Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A new challenge

Wow! It's been a while since I last posted! Things have been going pretty well. I still haven't gone over my "target" weight. That means that other than one week in early January, I have maintained my weight loss for 5 months now! I am shocked! I am finally getting to the point where I feel comfortable buying clothing in my size. I was too worried about putting the weight back on (like I have in the past) to invest too much. I have been doing a lot of thinking about the "why" I have been able to keep the weight off and that is a post to come!

For now, I have decided to give myself a challenge. I am going to go sugar free for one week. I have read a lot about how removing sugar from the diet can make a huge difference in the way you feel. I should probably do it longer but we'll see how a week goes!

My timing probably isn't the best. One of my boys has a birthday this week which means cake and ice cream galore. Then again, maybe this is perfect timing! I just decided that if I am going to do it, I need to just do it! So June 2 through June 8 = no sugar, no artificial sweeteners, nada. (I will still eat fruit even though it does have natural sugars). This should be interesting!

No comments: