Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Um...just kidding?

I'm thinking my little challenge may be dead in the water before I even start! I was thinking more along the lines of giving up sweets, treats, you know, the stuff I really don't need to eat. This was initially triggered by a friend of mine who went sugar free and lost 30 pounds. She didn't change anything else, just dropped the sugar. My challenge wasn't so much for the weight loss. It was more just to be able to know that I could go a week without sugar.

I now know why she lost 30 pounds! I decided to do an inventory last night of what I can eat that is in my house. EVERYTHING has sugar in it - spaghetti sauce, chili, some soups, breads, crackers, yogurt, tortilla shells. I cannot believe how many things have sugar added! So basically, she is losing weight because she pretty much can't eat anything!

I am now categorizing this "challenge" in the fad diet category. And you know how I feel about fad diets! I may still do a day or two just so I can say I did it but it won't last a full week! I don't want to get the week over with and binge on everything in sight! I may continue with a modified version (kind of like the one I had originally envisioned) but we'll see...

1 comment:

Angie said...

Sugar is in everything! I think its crazy to not eat just a little sugar. You can lose weight other ways as you know:)