Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week 6, Day 1

Well, almost half way through the competition and I finally hit the 10 pound mark! Not as well as I had hoped, but not bad. My goal was 25 pounds for the 12 weeks...it could still happen. I am now exercising twice a day. I do the video workout in the morning/early afternoon (depending on the babies) and the go running (or power walking, depending on my mood) as soon as hubby gets home. I'm not sure he's real into me leaving as soon as he walks in the door, but it works for me!

I found another great diet (I mean, healthy lifestyle) food. Sarah Lee makes a "Delightful" bread that is 45 calories per slice. Translated into weight watchers, that is one point for two slices (when you take the fiber into account). Love it!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I cracked on Sunday. And I mean totally cracked, caved, gave in, yeah, it was bad. I have been doing good with the eating thing when I know exactly how many points I am eating. So eating at home and even at restaurants (because I can look up the nutrition info online before I go) has been working out fine. Sunday, I went to an Eagle Scout presentation. I knew they were serving dinner so I only left myself 2 points for the day. I figured that way, I wouldn't be tempted to eat because I was already out of points and I could have a little snack when I got home. BAD IDEA!!

My first real test and I failed, and I mean I FAILED!! I ate lasagna, garlic bread, salad (with dressing), and dessert. But I didn't just have dessert. I had the biggest most fattening dessert that was there AND I had TWO of them! I figured I had already blown it so why not enjoy myself? I cut back on my points the rest of this week to compensate but that could explain why I only lost one pound when I have doubled my exercising!! Okay, next step, work on eating at gatherings! Or should I say, not eating...

1 comment:

Angie said...

That's ok that you blew it we all do. The gatherings are the worst and when I know they are coming I try not to overdue it but I just use my flexpoints and dont get down on myself. I find if you tell yourself no to often you go on a splurge then it gets really ugly! Your doing great keep it up:)I miss you blogging but I know its time consuming...By the way did you get your valentine's?