Sunday, February 21, 2010

I did it!

Whew! I did it! I made it through two weeks scale free (except for my weigh in with hubby last Saturday). My life doesn't revolve around the dang scale anymore! Although, I can see it quickly getting back to that point if I let it.

It has been an interesting week. I did gain a pound this week but I am okay with that. I am still one pound under my "don't go over" weight.

I guess I should explain what I am doing. I am "ditching the diet" (I copied that from a fellow diet blogger hence the quotes). I have come across a new lifestyle called intuitive eating. I have heard of it but Tiffany over at Skinny Jeans linked to another blog that had an article about intuitive eating. If you want to read the article, click here. It totally struck a cord with me. I am so sick of calorie counting and restricting. So I am trying this out. It is a lot harder than it sounds. I have to learn to trust myself. It's a scary proposition when you figure that I am the one who let myself get up to 200 pounds at one point (and no, that was not pregnant).

The first week actually went very well. But last week, I went back into old habits. I went out to eat three times (in one week - YUCK)!! And I didn't "listen" to my body. I have to say, I think the hardest part is having kids who eat very much on a schedule. It is hard to only eat when hungry when I am feeding my kids snacks and meals at a set time every day. It is something I will just have to play with. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I think that is what scares me the most. When I get down to my goal weight I am hoping to know how to eat at that point. Good job on staying away from the scale that is hard to do!