Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 1

Noon -

So far so good. I went grocery shopping this morning to get a better idea of what was available for me to eat. It is possible that I should have done this (and maybe a little research) BEFORE I jumped into this... :S ... But I figured if I was in the mood to jump in with both feet, I might as well do it. Otherwise, it just stays on the backburner where it has been for last couple of years!

I decided that since I am supplementing with vitamins anyway, milk with added vitamins isn't going to kill me. I didn't incorporate any straight milk today but I did buy cheese sticks and sour cream (found a brand that is all natural) to use today. They did have organic milk but I had a hard time paying $6 a gallon for it! I found some nuts and beans that should help out a lot with the nutrition side of things.

When I have attempted stuff like this in the past, I get SUPER gassy/bloated. I usually last about two to three days and then quit because it is so bad. But this time, I decided to give it a full 10 day trial - NO MATTER WHAT! Yesterday was kind of a half day and it was awful! So I braced myself for the worst today. So far, it hasn't been bad. BUT, I also haven't eaten any vegetables yet today! I'll have to see how the rest of the day goes....



In review...

Well, I made it through the day...almost. I made rice for a neighbor (she just had a baby so I was taking dinner to her) and out of habit, I taste tested it to see if it was done. I caught myself almost doing that several times during the day. It was interesting to me how many additives white rice has while brown rice doesn't have any. Unfortunately, I was making white...

I've read that this type of eating gives you more energy and leaves you feeling fuller (mostly from cutting all the complex carbs that our body digests so easily). That was most definitely NOT my experience yesterday! I was totally and completely drained. I went to bed at 9:30 (I'm a night owl and usually don't hit the sack until after 11:00). I felt hungry all day long. Maybe my body just has to adjust to this type of eating. We'll see...

I did find a bunch of new recipes that I want to try out. I found that I really didn't have many grains in my diet yesterday so I am going to work at incorporating more of those into my day.

I definitely feel better about the way I am eating. I just need to make some tweaks and adjustments to get my body to feel better about it! :)

No comments: