Tuesday, September 20, 2011

An update and an experiment

Things are good here. I gained about five pounds but I have managed to take it back off. My new goal that I working toward is hitting 129.8. Weird? I haven't seen 129 on the scale in like, ever. So I want to do it just to do it. I don't necessarily want to stay at that weight. I know, weird. But I'm going to try it. BUT, I have always used the scale as a crutch. So I haven't been weighing, sort of. I have been weighing because I am OCD and I have to have my "log" so hubby has been looking and tracking while I turn my head! So there's the update.

Now for the experiment. I have been wanting to try going strictly whole foods for a while. No boxes, no preprocessed stuff. I don't think my family will respond well so I've decided to try it on my own for a while to get some ideas of how to make stuff before I throw them into the fire! I'm not going full-on vegetarian whole foods. I just want to go back to the basics-one ingredient foods (or multi-ingredient foods made by me from single ingredient foods). So here's the plan. I 'm going to eat fruits, veggies, lean meats, whole grains, and I need to look into the dairy thing. Most of it has additives which I am trying to avoid. So for now, the plan is really scratchy but I'll try to keep you posted on what exactly I end up doing and how it goes!

Now it's in writing, so I have to do it! Right?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I understand totally where you're coming from! As you know I've been working my way to this point too. It's kind of an interesting place to be. I have the same thing with the kids too (and diary really). Nuts are a favored snack of mine FYI. Oh, and toasted coconut (made by me). Looking forward to hearing all about how it's going.
So 129 huh? How tall are you?? I think it's funny how just getting down those 4 oz so you're under that line is so important (I felt the same when I saw 149.8 this week lol). Good luck getting there, just to get there :)