Friday, November 13, 2009

I finally did it!!

It has taken almost a year, but I finally did it! I went to a dinner on Wednesday night and I did fabulous!!

We were served mashed potatoes, ham, corn, rolls, and some sort of jello fruit salad. I didn't eat the salad because it was packed with all sorts of very sugary fruit. I skipped the mashed potatoes because I had no idea what they were made with. I even took a little taste and they were YUMMY. But I still didn't eat them! I ate the ham and the corn and about 1 ounce of a roll (the fact that I know how much an ounce of a roll looks like says I have weighed WAY too many rolls). I even skipped dessert because while they all looked very yummy, they also all looked very fattening and I knew I didn't NEED it.

BUT - it gets better! Last night, I was feeling lazy and bought pizza for my kids for dinner. There was a mix up at the pizza place so they threw in free breadsticks. I looked up the points and had one piece of pizza and one breadstick (the amount of points I normally eat for dinner). A year ago, I would have eaten AT LEAST half a pizza, a few breadsticks, and throw in some soda (I always thought you couldn't possibly eat pizza without soda).

I was good, two nights in a row! AND my hubby is out of town so there wasn't even anyone around to know if I was bad. I always used that as an excuse. My hubby is out of town, I am stressed, I deserve to eat whatever I want. WHAT?!?! And I also deserve to feel like crap and gain weight, right?

I think I am far from having my "food addiction" cured, but I am doing SOOOO much better than I was a year ago!

1 comment:

Angie said...

congrats! That is so amazing how good you are doing. I hope you reach your goal.