Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Week 1, Day 7

Well, I barely made it through the first week. I'm tellin' ya' though, if I didn't have the money/husband competition to keep me going, I'd be for calling it quits. I am a big wus (don't have any clue how to spell that)! And my husband is kicking MY butt! It was supposed to be the other way around. He is exercising 2-3 times a day. I just don't have the time or the motivation!

I caved yesterday. My kids were having cheese quesadillas for lunch. I cooked them on the skillet with a light coat of buttter. Oh it smelled good! So, I caved and ate half of one of them. BUT...I still only ate 26 points yesterday! So while I may have caved, I did still stay under my points. I have been doing decent at staying within the points. Now I just need to work on making the points that I eat a little more on the healthy side!

Sometimes, I don't think it's fair though. My husband is at work all day. He takes what he is going to eat with him and that is all he can eat. I am surrounded by food all day and feeding my kids all day and I just have to try my best to resist. Then there's the whole exercise thing. He works out at work and then comes home and exercises again at night. By the time night gets here for me, I am so tired from chasing kids all day that I exercise just won't happen. So I do it in the morning but then nothing gets done around the house....blah, blah, blah.

Okay, I need to be more positive. That is one thing that I have found is key to any goal. You have to have a positive attitude and you have to WANT to change. I just wish there was a magic pill to help me WANT to change. I know I NEED to change, I just don't WANT to do it.

My workout this morning seemed harder than it has before. I don't know why. On The Biggest Loser, they always say week 2 is the hardest. Maybe they mean motivation or energy or something. I don't know. I still did as much as I could. One thought that I had is that maybe I wasn't doing the moves correctly before and now I am so they are straining my muscles like they should. I don't know.

My husband is doing really good though. He has already been doing this for 12 weeks and his weigh in was today. He still lost 5 pounds and .4% body fat. According to our scale, I lost almost 4 pounds but I have no idea on the body fat because our scale doesn't measure that. I can't wait for 3 more weeks when I can do a real weigh in. Hopefully, I will see some big changes. That would definitely be a huge motivator.

I think a big part of my problem is that I want to have a super model body when I am done with this. I know I won't. I never have. So I worry that when I don't achieve that, I will feel like I failed. I have got to change my mindset and be happy about little changes instead of wanting to be what the world considers "perfect." Being healthy and happy is all that really matters.

No comments: