Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week 2, Day 3

I had intended to post on here every day just to help keep me motivated, but...OOPS! :)

Thursday went well. I stayed within my points and got my workout in. I started using my Ab Lounge during the crunches part of the exercise video. I just don't have ANY stomach muscles right now so crunches just aren't going to happen for a while. But I am VERY glad that I have the Ab Lounge. It feels like it does something and I can do it!

One concern I have is that I haven't had sore muscles AT ALL. I know that sounds weird to be concerned about that. I should be glad. But usually I get sore muscles so I worry I'm not doing something right. Or maybe it is just that I actually AM doing something right this time. I am doing a warm up and cool down with each workout which is something I have NEVER done before. I am still losing weight though so that is what matters.

Friday was GREAT! I finally found something to motivate me. I am excited to have motivation but at the same time sad because it took something external to motivate me. I should be motivated just because it is the right thing to do and it will make me healthy. But at least now I can do it full throttle! I am not going to go into my motivation right now. But it will help someone I love A LOT and that is very important to me.

I even took the stairs at the hospital (my daughters pediatrician is at the hospital so I was there for a well-check) and I was going to the fourth floor! Then I walked the length of the hospital four times (and let me tell you, it is a LONG hospital). I was very proud of myself!

Now for today...weekends are hard because the routine gets thrown off. But I am determined to stick to it AND get my workout in today. I am doing fine with eating but it is already almost 4:00 and I haven't worked out yet. But it WILL get done. It HAS to get done!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Keep up the good work! I do think you should look into the way you are excersing cause you should have sore muscles when you first start. Maybe you are different and you dont have the pain of the sore muscles. You do have my attention about what is motivating you:)