Thursday, January 22, 2009

Week 3, Day 1

So far, I am doing okay on the food thing. I decided to gradually lower my points per day down to where they should be to help me lose more weight. I am losing (actually a bit more than I thought) but I really should be sticking to the points that I should be at so I can win this thing. My strategy is still the same, slow and steady. I figure if I knock of 2 points this week, and then a point per week till the end, I'll be right where I should be and hopefully do good! For me, that is better than trying to do it all at once and feeling like I am starving.

Exercise is another story. I have been doing it but I know I am am not putting my all into it. I am just going through the motions to get it done. I dread my workout every day. I think that is another plus of doing it in the morning, then I can get on with my day. It is so funny though because after I do it, I feel such a sense of accomplishment but I just have a really hard time motivating myself to do it in the first place. I wish it was warmer. I would LOVE to go for walks but I can't take a baby out in frigid temps!

I guess I should share my weight loss. The first week, I lost 3.4 pounds. Not a great first week but at least it was a loss. I was worried about week 2. I didn't really think I would lose much. But I lost 2.2 pounds! Everything I have read says after the first week, 1-2 pounds is the best amount to lose for sustained weight loss. I just wish I had done a little bit better the first week. But I figured it out, if I lose 2 pounds per week for the entire 12 weeks, that is 24 pounds! Not bad! I really wish I knew what my fat percent loss was. Two more weeks and I'll get to go find out.

No comments: