Monday, June 29, 2009

Just kidding!

So I got my groove back....until I went to a family party. I even starved myself all day so I could eat at the party and not go over my points. But remember the add campaign for Lays potato chips? "No one can eat just one." Yeah, I wasn't even going to eat any but I thought "just one won't hurt." And then I kept eating and eating and eating! I think they lace the chips with something that makes them addicting (okay not really, but it makes me feel better about eating so many.) So I figure I probably went over my points by about 6 points. Then I went over yesterday by about 8. I have to figure out a way to get past my "I already blew this week, I might as well enjoy myself" mentality. Who cares if I ate too many chips on Saturday? Pick it back up and do good on Sunday! I'm doing good today though. I lost 3 pounds and 2% body fat at this week's weigh-in but that was artificially high because I exercised right before the weigh-in. So next week will seem like a bad week even if I do good. That gives me something to look forward to!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I have gone through that way of thinking so much its ridiculous! I know how you feel and you really do have to get into that mind set of just cuz i blew it today does not mean the rest of the week is done for. Its a brand new week and you can do it just keep reminding yourself you can!