Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Major milestone!!

I have officially lost 30 pounds since January! Yeah for me! My goal is to lose 36 pounds by the time I am done with this round and it looks like I am well on my way to accomplishing that goal! Why 36? Well, my ultimate goal is to not go over 150 (currently I am 151) after I am done. I figure if I go down to at least 145, then I have 5 pounds to play with. If I gain a couple of pounds, I can get back on track before I go over 150. And I would be thrilled with anything beyond the 36 pounds!

I actually lost 2 pounds this week so I am still loosing weight so maybe...

I don't know what my problem is with fat though. I keep gaining fat percentage. So I guess the weight I am losing must be muscle mass or something. So...I pulled Jillian back out! She kicked my butt on the last go round so I'm going to go with her again. I figured the walking I was doing was exercise so it was burning calories but I wasn't really doing anything to tone or build muscle mass. So back to my boring old work out in the front room bit!

It's good though because I have noticed my gutt starting to hang out a bit and she worked great on that last time. It could be too that my chest is disappearing so that makes my gutt show more!! Fair warning all you women out there. When you lose weight, you also lose chest!!

My daughter is funny. She just asked me who is winning the competition with my friend. I told her my friend was winning overall. Then she asked who had lost more weight, I told her my friend. She asked who had lost more fat, I said my friend. She said "So pretty much, she is kicking your butt on everything?" I said yes. She replied, "Mom, I really think you should start working out twice a day. Maybe go running AND do Jillian."

2 comments:

Angie said...

That is awesome! Great work on hitting a milestone. Your daughter cracks me up:)

meglex said...

Good Job!!! 30 pounds is A LOT to loose, you are doing awesome!! Take your daughter's advice, you will be down to 130 before you know it!!! You probably already know this, but one thing I learned is to eat carbs (healthy ones of course) before your work-out and protein after. It gives you energy to work out and then heals your muscles when you are done. Keep up the good work!! I am rooting for you!