Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Waist not....???

I've always felt like I had a rather large waist. It is the part of my body that I hate the most. But it seems like I am finally starting to chip away at my waistline! Last time I did a competition, I went and got some size 12 pants. I haven't been wearing them because I have been lazy and have been lounging around in sweats. I put a pair on today and GUESS WHAT? They are too big!! They fit when I bought them! So, I got my trusty old belt out. I have never really worn a belt but had to buy one a couple of months ago to keep some of my pants from falling off. When I bought the belt, I could only do it up on the first hole. Well, today, I used the FOURTH hole!

I remember the last time I could squeeze into a size 8 pair of pants. It was about 16 years ago! And I remember being shocked that I fit into them! So if I can get down to a size 8.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I think the hardest thing about weight loss is the first part. For me, I was already wearing clothing that was either snug or had elastic waistband so I didn't really notice a difference in my body size. But now, it seems like I am noticing change fairly regularly and it has been great! So if you are just starting and getting frustrated because you don't notice a difference, KEEP GOING!! You will start to notice change and it is the most AWESOME feeling in the world to know that all your hard work and determination are finally paying off!

3 comments:

The Fendleys said...

Yah!!!! Size 8 eight here you come!!!

The Fendleys said...

No, size 6 here you come!!!!!

Angie said...

That would be an amazing thing to not have to shop in the womens section and actually be stylish! Maybe someday I will get there but that is a long way out!I know you will reach your goal!