Friday, July 3, 2009

Walking

Not much to report today. I have been doing pretty good with sticking to my points and exercising every day. I have found a GREAT way to get my exercise in with 5 little children. My kids LOVE to ride their bikes. So everyday, we have been going for long walks with them on their bikes. Monday through Thursday, we walk to get free lunch (a summer program for the kids) which is a 1.3 mile walk each way. My kids literally beg me to ride their bikes to this every day. It works great for me because I push the stroller with the babies in it which gives me a little more of a workout. (I actually tried it one day this week without the babies because my husband was home and I decided it really does give me a much better workout with the stroller.)

Today, we had a dentist appointment for two of the older kids. I asked them if they wanted to drive or ride bikes. They wanted to ride bikes so I got my walk in today (no stroller though so not as much of a workout as normal). I love it! I get things done and exercise in for me AND my kids at the same time. It does get a little hot but hey, it helps me sweat off a little more weight and fat, right? So that is my goal for the summer. Whenever we are going somewhere close enough to walk, weather permitting, we will walk (we'll see if that holds up when the temps are in the high 90's).

1 comment:

Angie said...

sounds like a great idea!