Sunday, October 25, 2009

Salads

I just wanted to share something interesting that I just discovered. I mentioned in an earlier post how sometimes ordering salads can actually be worse than just getting a hamburger. I was just checking out Wendy's nutrition information. A Chicken BLT salad (with croutons and dressing) has 17 points!! A Single w/everything is 11 points!

That is not to say that all salads are bad. Wendy's also has a Chicken Caesar Salad that is 8 points (with croutons and one packet of dressing). I actually like it without the croutons and dressing and then it is only 3 points!

It really makes me realize how important it is to check nutrition information before going to a restaurant if at all possible!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO TRUE! Just because it says "salad" does not mean "healthy"

Angie said...

ya I actually bought one of those exact salads not to long ago. I did ask for no cheese or dressing but still it can be horrible! I would have rather eaten a hamburger or frosty!

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

I eat a lot of salads ... but never with any dressing or croutons ... and I have to ask my dinner companions to put the bread or breadsticks out of my reach.