Thursday, August 6, 2009

Diet Mistakes #11

Found the link but had to keep you in suspense:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/slideshow-diet-mistakes?ecd=wnl_wlw_072509

#11 Avoiding Exercise

When you don’t exercise, you place the entire burden of weight loss on your diet. If you become more active, you can eat more of the things you like -- and still lose weight. The key is finding an exercise you enjoy. If the treadmill seems tedious, try swimming, ballet, biking, or Ping-Pong, all of which burn more calories than walking. Spend time at different activities until you find one you want to do on most days.

I LOVE this one!! I exercise not to lose weight faster. I do it because it gives me a couple more points to play with during the day AND it tones. Dieting alone WILL NOT tone your body. And I have really enjoyed doing different activities. I have several workout videos and I walk, run, and bike as well. Find what works and go for it! There are several workout videos that are 20-25 minutes (which is a must for me with 5 little kids) so they really don't take much time out of your day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks those are really helpful. i just gotta get my butt in gear