Monday, August 17, 2009

Tools I use...food scale


I LOVE this scale. When I first started this whole diet thing, I was using a cheap little one pound scale . It did the job, sort of.


Then my husband did some research and found my Kitrics Digital Nutrition Scale. It comes with 999 foods programmed in (and a book to look them all up). I can program 99 of my own favorite foods. It will let me keep a running total of the nutrition information for everything I eat in a day.

One feature that I love is that I can put my plate on the scale and zero out the weight. Then I can put my meat on, weight it, and zero out the scale again and add my potatoes. With the other scale, I was having to find my lightest container (so it didn't tip the scale) and weigh one item at a time.

Another great thing about this is that I can type in my own foods and then make my own 100 calorie packs. Once the nutrition information is entered in, I just put food on until I reach 100 calories and voila - 100 calorie snack packs!

This scale actually shows calories, calories from fat, carbohydrates, protein, fat, saturated fat, fiber, sugars, cholesterol and sodium so I know the calories, fat and fiber for my Weight Watchers points. (I am starting to feel a bit like a typing infomercial).

We paid $50 on Amazon.com with free shipping but right now it is $45 with free shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/Kitrics-0120-Digital-Nutrition-Scale/dp/B000U67EI0/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_1

1 comment:

Angie said...

You are amazing! I really need to live with you to get inspired. I have a roommate that loves treats and its hard for me to say no. I need a strong person to help me stay focused! Dont you want to come live with me for a month:)