Thursday, August 6, 2009

Diet Mistakes #2

#2 Skipping Breakfast

Skipping breakfast seems like a simple way to cut calories, but the result can be insatiable hunger the rest of the day. This may lead to unplanned snacking at the office and eating a super-size portion at lunch, making calorie counts soars. But breakfasts that are high in protein and fiber can reduce hunger throughout the day. In fact, studies show people who eat breakfast every morning are more likely to maintain a healthy weight.

I, unfortunately, also have experience with this one! I went through a phase where I never ate breakfast because I figured it would help me get thinner. I ate very little for lunch but as it says above, by afternoon, I was so hungry that I would snack "here and there" and think I hadn't had anything to eat all day so I can eat a bigger dinner.....and I GAINED weight.

I have actually been doing this "diet" in reverse. I eat most of my calories by early afternoon so when my evening winds down and I am not burning as many calories, I am also not eating as many calories. I think that has also helped keep my blood sugar more consistent which has helped with the cravings.

No comments: