Thursday, August 6, 2009

Diet Mistakes #7

#7 Ditching Dairy

Milk, cheese, and ice cream are taboo for many dieters, but ditching dairy foods may be counterproductive. Some research suggests the body burns more fat when it gets enough calcium and produces more fat when it’s calcium-deprived. Calcium supplements do not appear to yield the same benefits, so dairy may have other compounds at work as well. Most dietitians recommend sticking to nonfat or low-fat milk, cheese, and yogurt.

Haha!! No problem here! In fact, I actually did have to ditch some dairy to get my diet to work. I was pretty much living on dairy - milk with every snack and meal, cheese on everything, ice cream, yogurt. Yeah, I have cut back but I still get plenty and I try to make sure it is low fat (most of the time).

No comments: